Welcome to the License Renewal Citizen Portal!
Thank you for your interest in doing business in the City of Albany/Dougherty County. The City of Albany is "Open for Business" and we strive to make your business experience efficient and convenient. City of Albany/Dougherty County Occupational Tax Certificates (OTC) expire on December 31, 2016. All licensed businesses in the City of Albany must renew their OTC by January 31, 2017 to avoid late penalties. All licensed businesses in Dougherty County must renew their OTC by March 15, 2017 to avoid late penalties. This portal will allow you to securely renew your OTC online.
The SAVE and E-Verify Affidavits are no longer required to be submitted with renewal applications. However, if your legal residency status has changed, or if the number of your employees has increased to more than ten employees, you must notify our offices prior to completing this renewal process.
Who May Renew Online
1. Those businesses currently holding an Occupational Tax Certificate for 2016.
2. Those businesses who do not require informational changes to their current license, i.e. address, contact person, ownership, etc.
3. Those businesses that have less than ten employees or have previously submitted an E-verify Affidavit and number. E-verify certification is required for all businesses with 10 or more employees.
4. Those businesses that are owned by U.S. Citizens.
5. Those businesses that are not exempt from occupational taxes, i.e. non-profits, religious organizations, registered businesses, etc.
If you do not meet the above referenced criteria, please apply in person at 240 Pine Avenue, Suite 150 beginning on December 1, 2016. Hours of operation are 8:30am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
The City of Albany currently utilizes Paypal to process all renewal fees and taxes. There will be an additional 3% convenience fee added to you licensing fees. If you are renewing your OTC, please use the My Account link at the top of the screen to log-in and begin the process. Please do not register and create another username and password. If you are unsure of your log-in credentials, please contact the Treasury Division at 229-431-2118, or if you have any other questions or concerns.