Code Complaints

Home / Services / Code Complaints

Reporting Code Compliance Violations

When reporting a City of Twentynine Palms code violation, please have a street number and street name plus the name of a cross street to report to our department.  This ensures the Code Enforcement Officer can respond to the correct location of the violation and a more expedient resolve to the problem.  All citizens' reports are confidential and maintained as anonymous.
The Code Enforcement Officer must be able to see the violation legally.  Even though we are Code Compliance Officers, we need to respect everyone's civil rights and therefore respect the law and not trespass on private property.  Please be aware that the violation must be in view and witnessed by the Code Enforcement Officer.  The Officer cannot investigate hidden problems without due process of law.  Example of a violation is junk or trash contained in a closed garage does not constitute a violation of the code even though it may be perceived as a health hazard to some.
Vacation Home Rentals Complaints
In the event that you are experiencing problems from a property you suspect to be a Vacation Home Rental(VHR):

1. Please check to see if there is a VHR sign at the property and call the 24 Hour number displayed on the Vacation Home Rental Sign.
2. Call the Hotline if there is no sign.

If you are not satisfied or want to file a complaint directly with City Code Enforcement please call the Vacation Home Rental Complaint Hotline (760)362-6927 or submit your complaint through this portal.  Residents, business owners, and visitors are encouraged to contact code enforcement anytime, day or night, that they experience a problem with a VHR however the hotline will have a live person from Friday - Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Outside of the Friday-Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. timeframe, City staff will address the calls but, more than likely will go to a voicemail first, then be addressed thereafter.
The State of California holds the property owner responsible for the condition of the property whether it is occupied by the property owner or tenants or unoccupied.  If you own the property, you are responsible for the maintenance of the property.
The City of Twentynine Palms does not enter into civil disputes between neighbors or tenants and landlords or property managers.  One must refer to legal assistance in such matters.
We are here to serve the community, encourage volunteer property maintenance wherever possible, and ensure public health and safety. The City of Twentynine Palms appreciates you taking the time to report a code violations.
Much appreciated,
29 Palms Code Enforcement