In Depth Demo of Citizenserve's Online Business Licensing Software
This segment was presented during an all day demonstration to a Midwest city, to meet their RFP for e-government software. In the first few minutes, business office staff describe their current work - to issue multiple types of permits, as well as business licenses.
Business Licenses are just one module offered in the Citizenserve e-government solution.
- Citizen portal overview - where business owners will apply for a license, citizens can file complaints, contractors can request permits, etc. (01:20)
- Apply for a business licence through the online portal (7:04)
- Audience Question: Can a business that operates within the city, but is not located in the city, are they able to enter an address that isn't in the city database? (9:38)
- Audience Question: Our planning department has to sign off, if the applicant enters an address that can't have a business on it, can the system stop it in progress? (12:37)
- Review Citizenserve Staff Home Page (16:53)
- My Tasks
- My Metrics
- Recent Files
- Open license (that was just submitted on portal) (18:25)
- Create new license application over the counter (from Staff Side) (18:50)
- View property alerts/other files on system (19:25)
- Modify the assigned workflow route (19:56)
- Take a payment, recalculate fees, apply manual fees (21:51)
- Review workflow route (22:45)
- Complete Application Intake step of Workflow (23:24)
- Use comments book
- Print License Certificate (24:27)
- System conditions
- Audience question: Where can you enter the business type our fees are driven from this field? (26:46)
- Audience question: can Citizenserve process about 2600 renewals at the same time? (28:02)
- Business License Renewal Report (29:16)
- Can preview, can add link to home page, can attach copy of report to each file.
- Report can generate mass mailing, or mass emailing.
- Audience Question: What about pro-rating fees? (34:00)
- Audience Question: Auto calculation of Fees - and how not to refund prior year's fees (35:51)
- Audience Question: Can we get a case file of all related business license notes, contacts, notices, etc in one packet for collections? (48:48)
- Audience Question: What about retention requirements? (How long does Citizenserve keep our files?) (50:01)
- Audience Question: Can you attach records to a property unrelated to a permit or license? (55:21)
Did you know we offer more than online business licensing software? Our cloud-based integrated community development software provides multiple solutions to Village, Town, City and County government. In addition to permitting, we offer licensing, development, code enforcement, and request tracking solutions. Your subscription also includes an online citizen portal. Keep exploring our site to find pricing information, to request your live demo, or to see how we can support your community development needs.
Visit Customer Profiles to see how our customers are putting our permitting software for governments to work for their communities.
Visit Yavapai County Community Development Innovates their Online Services to see how one Arizona County implemented citizenserve. And then scroll down to the bottom of this page and enter your contact information to request your live demo today. Thanks for checking out our video on Online Business Licensing Software, we hope you'll check out our site to see how citizenserve can support your community.