In Depth Demo of Citizenserve Business Licensing Services
This segment was presented during an all day demonstration to a Midwest city, to meet their RFP for e-government software. In the first few minutes, business office staff describe their current work - to issue multiple types of permits, as well as business licenses.
Business Licenses are just one module offered in the Citizenserve e-government solution.
- Citizen portal overview - where business owners will apply for a license, citizens can file complaints, contractors can request permits, etc. (01:20)
- Apply for a business licence through the online portal (7:04)
- Audience Question: Can a business that operates within the city, but is not located in the city, are they able to enter an address that isn't in the city database? (9:38)
- Audience Question: Our planning department has to sign off, if the applicant enters an address that can't have a business on it, can the system stop it in progress? (12:37)
- Review Citizenserve Staff Home Page (16:53)
- My Tasks
- My Metrics
- Recent Files
- Open license (that was just submitted on portal) (18:25)
- Create new license application over the counter (from Staff Side) (18:50)
- View property alerts/other files on system (19:25)
- Modify the assigned workflow route (19:56)
- Take a payment, recalculate fees, apply manual fees (21:51)
- Review workflow route (22:45)
- Complete Application Intake step of Workflow (23:24)
- Print License Certificate (24:27)
- Audience question: Where can you enter the business type our fees are driven from this field? (26:46)
- Audience question: can Citizenserve process about 2600 renewals at the same time? (28:02)
- Business License Renewal Report (29:16)
- Can preview, can add link to home page, can attach copy of report to each file.
- Report can generate mass mailing, or mass emailing.
- Audience Question: What about pro-rating fees? (34:00)
- Audience Question: Auto calculation of Fees - and how not to refund prior year's fees (35:51)
- Audience Question: Can we get a case file of all related business license notes, contacts, notices, etc in one packet for collections? (48:48)
- Audience Question: What about retention requirements? (How long does Citizenserve keep our files?) (50:01)
- Audience Question: Can you attach records to a property unrelated to a permit or license? (55:21)